Speaking in tongues is the New Testament phenomena where a person speaks in a language that is unknown to him.
This language is either the language of angels or other earthly languages (1 Corinthians 13: 1). It occurred in Acts 2 at Pentecost and also in the Corinthian church as is described in 1 Corinthians 14.
This New Testament gift was given by the Holy Spirit to the Christian church and is for the purpose of the edification of the Body of Christ as well as for glorifying the Lord.
There seem to be three divisions in the use of tongues: First, a private prayer language that is not interpreted; second, a language that is interpreted this defines proper usage in the Christian congregation; and third, missionary context — that is, it appears in the context of evangelism where people (in the New Testament) are presenting the gospel.
TONGUES HAS A LOT OF BENEFIT BELOW ARE SOME OF THE BENEFIT
1. Tongues is the entrance into the supernatural.
2. Tongues is the prayer in the New Testament.
3. Tongues is a direct line to talking to God.
4. Tongues is the believer’s direct access to the throne room.
5. Tongues is speaking divine mysteries – divine coded secrets.
6. Tongues is drawing secrets to life’s complicated issues.
7. Tongues is prophesying your God-ordained future.
8. Tongues is praying out God’s plan for your life.
9. Tongues is knowledge, counsel, and secrets withheld from the wicked.
10. Tongues is the entrance into the realm of the spirit – the miraculous zone.
So as Gods children we should strive to be baptism in the holy-spirit so as to receive this gift so as to press more for Gods divine presence.
Romans 8: 26
“Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words”
I’m Oluwafemi Stephen
Impact Tunes Media